Anyone involved in healthcare and social care (paid or unpaid) have a responsibility to ensure safe manual handling of individuals they support.
Correct Moving and Handling techniques will prevent back problems in later life. Over a third of injuries in the workplace, which lead to time off work, result mainly from poor moving and handling technique.
It is important to have up to date training on safe techniques with an annual refresher. Our training is mapped to Standard 13.3 – Move and assist safely.
- To identify relevant legislation in manual handling
- To identify manual handling risk factors and how injuries can occur
- To carry out safe manual handling including good handling technique
- To explore safe systems of work for the individual’s tasks and environment
- To understand safe support for falls
- To use manual handling aids
- To undertake practical work to allow the trainer to identify and put right anything the trainee is not doing safely
- To be aware of manual handling legislation and the responsibilities it lays out
- To use safe systems of work, techniques to maintain own safety and safety of others during manual handling
- To be able to carry out risk assessments and prevent injury
- To understand the appropriate use of manual handling aids
- To use a person centred approach during the manual handling of individuals
Full day taught courses are £65 per person or £495 for a group of 8 learners (maximum)
Half day update courses are £55 per person or £375 for a group of 8 learners (maximum)
We are open to negotiations to meet individual client training needs including training for larger groups. We understand that budgets and time can constrain workforce development and we wish to ensure the most effective solutions including bespoke training.
For more information about our Terms and Conditions, please click here.
Contact Us for more information or complete the training enquiry form below.
Please complete the information below as much as possible to ensure a quick response to your enquiry. A member of our team will contact you to discuss your individual needs.