This course will give you an essential understanding of Parkinson’s Disease whether you are a new or experienced care worker, a person with Parkinson’s Disease or a family carer. The aims of this unit are to understand more about the following:
- Who is affected by Parkinson’s Disease
- Causes of Parkinson’s Disease
- Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease
- Dementia and Parkinson’s Disease
- How Parkinson’s Disease can be diagnosed
- Treatment and support available
- How you can support a person living with Parkinson’s Disease
- Support from other professionals
- Medication available to help control symptoms
- The use of surgery in Parkinson’s Disease
- The use of complementary therapies
Distance Learning course comes with a Parkinson’s Disease Awareness Study Guide for you to keep, a worksheet to submit your answers for marking, Learner Information Form and a prepaid return envelope. Simply return your Learner Information form and worksheet in the prepaid envelope and if you have reached the required pass rate you will receive (within 4 weeks) your marked worksheet, feedback on your answers from our distance learning department and a certificate of achievement.
Completion of this course is expected within one month. Extensions to this time frame may be given in some circumstances. Additional charges may be made if completed submission is received after the agreed submission dates. For further terms and conditions, please click here.
You can get additional support or ask questions through a dedicated distance learning email address.