This training course aims to give an insight into the signs, symptoms and causes of Dementia. It will give new and experienced care workers knowledge of the impact the condition has on an affected person’s functions and behaviour, to enable effective working with people living with Dementia and their families. It is also suitable for family members who wish to gain an understanding of their relative’s condition.
- To raise your awareness of dementia
- To support your learning towards a diploma qualification
- To give you an enjoyable learning experience
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand what dementia is and who it affects
- Understand some of the experiences of people with dementia
- Understand lifestyle choices which can help to prevent dementia
- Understand the difference between the medical and social models of care
Distance Learning courses come with a Dementia Awareness Study Guide for you to keep, a worksheet to submit your answers for marking, Learner Information Form and a prepaid return envelope. Simply return your Learner Information form and worksheet in the prepaid envelope and if you have reached the required pass rate you will receive (within 4 weeks) your marked worksheet, feedback on your answers from our distance learning department and a certificate of achievement.
Completion of this course is expected within one month. Extensions to this time frame may be given in some circumstances. Additional charges may be made if completed submission is received after the agreed submission dates. For further terms and conditions, please click here.
You can get additional support or ask questions through a dedicated distance learning email address.