“JoCo use a variety of evidence based approaches that incorporate becoming person centred, relationship centred and the use of music and creative arts as a core part of dementia care and support.”
“This support is for teams who are ambitious about maintaining or becoming outstanding – going the extra miles”
We are passionate about developing outstanding dementia care teams, who have the knowledge, skills and competence to deliver compassionate person centred and holistic care. Therefore, we have developed evidence based, dementia care learning and development programme that transforms care teams and their leaders.
Our programme develops 5 key areas that are fundamental to holistic and person centred dementia care. Using 5 modules the programme aims to enhance knowledge and understanding of:
- up to date dementia care and impact on individuals and carers
- person centred approach and person centred teams
- supporting nutrition & hydration in dementia care
- enhancing dementia environments
- enhancing quality of life using music and life story work
The course list for each module:
- Dementia Awareness (full day or half day)
- Understanding and Reducing the Use of Anti-psychotics in Dementia Care (Half day)
- includes consideration of anti-depressant, benzodiazapine and laxative use
- Person Centred Approach (full day or half day)
- Developing person centred teams (full day or half day)
- Understanding and Meeting Fluid and Nutritional Needs in Dementia (half day)
- Improving dementia mealtimes – with music ( 2 half day sessions)
- Dementia friendly environments – diningroom environments (half day session)
- Dementia friendly environments – care homes (half day session)
- Personalised music in dementia care – Soundtrack to My Life (3 half day sessions)
- Life story work (half day session)
Modules can be taken individually to suit the needs of the team.
Half Day taught courses are £35 per person or £375.00 for a group of 12 learners.
Full day taught courses are £45 per person or £495.00 for a group of 12 learners.
Contact us about our prices for all sessions.
We are open to negotiations to meet individual client training needs. We understand that budgets and time can constrain workforce development and we wish to ensure the most effective solutions including bespoke training.
For more information about our Terms and Conditions, please click here.
We take the time to consult with you regarding your training and development needs to ensure that we can address all aspects of care appropriately.
Contact Us for more information or complete the training enquiry form below.
Please complete the information below as much as possible to ensure a quick response to your enquiry. A member of our team will contact you to discuss your individual needs.