Most people involved in healthcare and social care (paid or unpaid) will be involved in food preparation. Our training is suitable for catering and care teams. By improving your knowledge, skill and competence in food safety you will be able to meet your safety and regulatory responsibilities.
It is important to have up to date training on food safety with an annual refresher. Our training is mapped to Care Certificate Standard 8.1a
- To be aware of food safety regulations
- To be aware of causes and common signs and symptoms of food poisoning
- To be aware of causes and common signs and symptoms Food allergies
- To understand the importance of good personal and environmental hygiene
- To understand how to control harmful bacteria which can cause serious illness
- To understand safe food handling, storage and preparation
By the end of this programme, you will be able to:
- Describe legal requirements related to food hygiene
- Recognise food poisoning signs and symptoms
- Be aware of food allergy risk
- Prevent food-borne illness
- Understand the importance of safe food handling, preparation and storage
- Reflect on your own organisation’s policies and procedures
Half day courses are £40 per person or £375 for a group of 12 learners (maximum)
We are open to negotiations to meet individual client training needs including training for larger groups. We understand that budgets and time can constrain workforce development and we wish to ensure the most effective solutions including bespoke training.
For more information about our Terms and Conditions, please click here.
Contact Us for more information or complete the training enquiry form below.
Please complete the information below as much as possible to ensure a quick response to your enquiry. A member of our team will contact you to discuss your individual needs.