This course will give an essential understanding of Huntington’s Disease for new and experienced care workers or family members wishing to know more about the condition. The aims of this unit are to understand more about the following:
- What is Huntington’s Disease?
- Who is affected?
- Causes of Huntington’s Disease
- Symptoms of Huntington’s Disease – early symptoms and advanced symptoms
- Diagnosing Huntington’s Disease?
- Treatment and support services
- How you can help the individual with Huntington’s Disease with difficulty eating and swallowing, choking, communication/speech difficulties, behavioural changes.
- Huntington’s Disease Future Planning
Distance Learning course comes with a Huntington’s Disease Awareness Study Guide for you to keep, a worksheet to submit your answers for marking, Learner Information Form and a prepaid return envelope. Simply return your Learner Information form and worksheet in the prepaid envelope and if you have reached the required pass rate you will receive (within 4 weeks) your marked worksheet, feedback on your answers from our distance learning department and a certificate of achievement.
Completion of this course is expected within one month. Extensions to this time frame may be given in some circumstances. Additional charges may be made if completed submission is received after the agreed submission dates. For further terms and conditions, please click here.
You can get additional support or ask questions through a dedicated distance learning email address.