This course will raise your awareness of infection prevention and control. Professional health care workers and family carers have an important role to play in protecting individuals from infection and disease and protecting themselves.
- To understand legislation relating to Infection Prevention and Control
- To raise awareness of health care associated infections: microbiology, type, spread
- To improve understanding of infection prevention: handwashing, cleaning, prevention
- To understand your role and responsibilities (and others)
- To be able to reduce risk of infection
- To be able to promote best practice
Distance Learning course comes with a Infection Prevention and Control Study Guide for you to keep, a worksheet to submit your answers for marking, Learner Information Form and a prepaid return envelope. Simply return your Learner Information form and worksheet in the prepaid envelope and if you have reached the required pass rate you will receive (within 4 weeks) your marked worksheet, feedback on your answers from our distance learning department and a certificate of achievement.
Completion of this course is expected within one month. Extensions to this time frame may be given in some circumstances. Additional charges may be made if completed submission is received after the agreed submission dates. For further terms and conditions, please click here.
You can get additional support or ask questions through a dedicated distance learning email address.